Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 To-Do List: Where Have You Been and Where Are You Going?


Happy 2014! It's time to reflect and renew those commitments we made to ourselves the previous year to in essence, do better. However, instead of just making resolutions all willy nilly, I think it's better to look at where you've been to figure out where you need to go.

For me 2013 has been a transformative year. I've had some triumphs and set backs, but this year was definitely the one where I learned more about moi and how to manage my own crazy. I'm complicated, emotional, opinionated, passionate, a little loud and often unintentionally hilarious. I'm also loyal, protective of the folks I care about and pretty dang dependable if I do say so myself. I ain't perfect, but I'm coming into my fabulosity (s/o to Kimora).  I now know more than ever what people meant when they said people won't value or love you unless you do the same for yourself.

This is year I've had the pleasure of using my passport for the first time, singing for the president and other dignitaries (TWICE), and attending my first inaugural ball. What I'm most proud of is the progress I've made in tackling the clinical depression that's negatively impacted every facet of my life for longer than I care to say. Oh and there's the fact that I'm still cancer-free. That's kinda of important :)

If those were the highlights, then the less-than-stellar moments of 2013 would have to be the vicious fights that I had with my sister leading up to her wedding, almost not going to her wedding, and experiencing my first real heartbreak

As I look back on all the good, bad and ugly, I now have a better sense of what I need to do to continue my transformation into 2014 and beyond. What about you? Where have you been. and where are you going in 2014?

Stay random and Happy Freakin' New Year,

Jay



No comments:

Post a Comment