Sunday, November 10, 2013

WHEN THINGS FALL APART...LIKE BLOG POSTS

So, I had this lovely post all ready to go last week. It had pics and links and was about a subject that I love: fall and all the beauty that comes with this quirky little season. It was also one of those list posts that can be quite writing-intensive, depending how deep you want to go.

So, I was making some adjustments when I used the "undo" function one too many times and undid my blog post into oblivion. Um, to say I was destroyed would be an understatement. There were screams, frantic efforts to recover the post, tears, profanity (obviously) and a call to my sister.

Anyone who was written anything on a laptop knows the pain of completing losing a cherished piece of work at the end stages. However, what this experience taught me, besides the fact that "undo" is evil and needs an overhaul, is that I was upset because I care about this blog. I care about one day doing the contributing/freelance writing thing. I like it when people like my writing. In fact it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Hopefully you folks aren't blowing smoke with your compliments, and maybe I can make this writer thing happen. After all, I care, dammit.

Anywho, enjoy your Sunday and stay random, and HAPPY FALL!

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment